This is another thing I just never got around to posting:
A week goes by… the snow still covers the driveway and I am a prisoner in my own home. I went out on Thursday after it had snowed the previous weekend and shoveled a path through the snowbank so the postman could bring the mail and I could get deliveries but I didn’t do anything else.
I’ve got plenty of food in the house and work has been crazy busy. On top of that, it is so amazingly cold outside, I mean where would I go if I even wanted to be out in this?
I’ve got a bunch of things on the radar that need to get taken care of… I have an appointment to get the taxes done, so I have to get some things together for that and the appointment will be here before I know it. The car needs to go in for an inspection and I’m probably going to bite the bullet and get new tires as well as having some other things done. Then there’s an application I have to put in as well for some assistance with medical.
In the meantime, work continues to be the shitshow and the client freaks out on an almost daily if not more basis. I think back to late October when she said she had another project for me and the waiting until right before the Christmas holidays to hand it off. A handoff which was so incredibly bad in terms of the information needed being either wrong or absent, there wasn’t much I could do.
Now at the end of January she’s freaking out because the people above her want to know what’s going on with the project.
If I didn’t laugh I’d cry.
The group head has been working with me and I absolutely love her. I mean I get off the phone and do the old people thing of making a statement to no one of, ‘she’s so nice’ as I smile to myself. She has helped out a great deal and I’ve wondered if it’s me that all the projects I seem to wind up on are shitshows but she assures me it isn’t.
In the meantime it’s just been so very busy.
Here’s the funny thing though… if the client would just leave things alone and let me manage things and supervise the work we’d be a lot further along. Instead she changes gears every other day. I started the project and had a plan of attack that targeted a certain batch of work and we managed to get it turned around quickly but what was funny on the client side is that after all the freak outs they were surprised by how much had gone out the door.
At the moment I finally have the space to get everything ready for the tax appointment coming up fast and the car is scheduled for an inspection and I’ve gotten two tires ready to be mounted on the thing to boot!
The application will also be on the list of to-dos for the week and maybe I’ll even get the laundry done, the toilet finally fixed and the snowblower running (though it looks like I won’t be needing it - fingers crossed).
Once those big things are taken care of the list still is long and there is a lot to do and now is the time to get to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment